Thursday, February 22, 2007
Need to get out of town...
For the first time this semester, I'm going out of town for a couple days. I can't wait! I'm not going to Paris or Florence or New York or San Francisco, but at least I'm getting out of town. My partner and I are going to Chukchansi with our best friend to play blackjack and roulette. Our first choice of camping in Big Sur fell through because of the rain. I don't know what it is about the prospect and reality of going somewhere else for a day or two that is so exciting, but I'm thrilled even to being going gambling up in the foothills of the Sierras! It comes down to the little things, doesn't it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree wholeheartedly. My husband and I haven't been away without our kids in the last 3 years. Saturday we are driving up to Oakland to see the Bob Seger concert. We will get to stay in a hotel for the night while the kids stay at Grandma's house!
I haven't been anywhere near Chukchansi (I understand it's east of Fresno-ish), but I'm from Modesto and I know how fun it is to go to the Sierra's. That was always one of my favorite road-trips when I lived there -- just get in the car, roll down the windows, turn up the music and drive for an hour or so to Sonora, Columbia or even Pinecrest. I've been itching to get up there since the sun came out!
Post a Comment