No class today! Although I was grateful to get home from school a couple hours earlier, I missed seeing my seminar mates today. I was looking forward to seeing everyone, as meeting for the first time last Thursday showed that we have similar goals for working together as a group.
Furthermore, the discussion we had in class on Tuesday about the colonial history of free speech and expression (and all that these terms encompass) got my juices flowing. Free speech and expression involve so many aspects of our lives. Clearly, I would have been burned at the stake or dragged behind a boat up and down some river. More specifically, I would love to delve deeper into the history of the government legislating sexuality and/or gender roles in the United States. Apparently, sex has been legislated from the earliest days of our nation, long before there was a nation.
I look forward to class next Tuesday. I love the fact that the class focuses on free speech and appropriately balances it with ethical responsibility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment