Friday, May 4, 2007

Mixed feelings about semester's end

It seems strange to me to have mixed feelings about the last couple weeks of the semester, but I do! Most people are likely ecstatic being so close to finishing the semester or, in some cases, graduating from their college careers altogether. I feel mixed because my classes are stimulating, challenging, and diverse in students. I thoroughly enjoy seminaring, workshopping, and debating with my peers! I am fortunate also to have such caring and passionate professors whose classes I look forward to each week.

Another part of me jumps up and down when I realize I won't have homework for three months, although I best get most, if not all, of my capstone's creative work done this summer in preparation for my final semester at CSUMB (see, even writing this is bittersweet). Now, of course, I have to think seriously about graduate schools. But when I think about how far I've come in my education, the commitment my supportive partner and I have made, I fill with pride at my accomplishments. It's been a long road, and I'm happy to be moving along on it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I certainly won't miss the homework, but I will definitely miss the stimulating dialogue. I feel very fortunate to have great professors and interesting classmates. The deadlines and homework demands force me to get up off my ass and expect better of myself. The break will be welcome, but I will be anxious to start again in the fall.