With U.S. involvement in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, school shootings, bee population decline (a possible indication of bigger environmental problems?), an ineffectual media system, and widespread spiritual malaise, I often feel crushed and impotent, guilty of not doing enough, not taking enough action.
For the last few months, the last week in particular, I feel an urgency to do more, to get involved with gay/lesbian rights, to protest the wars, to advocate for environmental awareness. Or it can be something more intimate, less "political," like reading to kids or helping with a literacy program. In fact, since I'm an aspiring educator, literacy and nurturing a love (or at least appreciation) of the written word could well be my cause.
I don't know how others are feeling, but I feel the urge to DO something, to break out of my comfort zone, to combat all this negativity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment