Thursday, March 15, 2007

Technology is glorious…when it works!

I adore the fact that I can surf the Internet, print papers from the living room, and sit in the backyard with my laptop on a sunny day. All of this gets accomplished with a wireless network. My partner’s laptop, my laptop, our desktop PC, and our printer are all gloriously entwined, sans wires. When you think about this, it is nothing short of miraculous, especially if you are rather new to both laptops and wireless networks.

And when the wireless network, this innovative system of invisible connectivity, doesn’t work, my hopes of turning in midterm papers on time and posting required blog posts are inevitably dashed, unless I want to drive 15 miles to the university campus or haunt some Internet coffee house in South Salinas. Alas, what’s a girl to do? I feel naked and violated somehow, deprived without my handy wireless network!

However will I survive a day without the Internet and e-mail? Seriously, though, I spent a few hours hurling epithets earlier today, to none other than inanimate objects (and perhaps myself for not knowing how to make my network purr again), but I got that out of my system…for now.

1 comment:

Jordan Stidham said...

i agree,
technology is great when it works. The problem for me is that it almost never seems to work when I need it to. I don't know how many times I have needed to print a paper at the last second only to find my computer is unable to respond. That's when i begin to curse bill gates.
see you soon.